Root Canal Treatment Near You
Root canal treatment in Calgary, which is also referred to as endodontic therapy, is a dental procedure involving restoring a tooth that has been damaged severely or greatly infected. It involves treating the infection by removing the part of the tooth’s pulp that is infected.
The pulp sits deep inside the tooth. The process ends by cleaning and disinfecting the root canals, and then sealing them to prevent further infection. At Centre & 12th Dental, our experienced team is committed to providing top-notch root canal therapy to relieve pain, preserve your smile, and improve your overall oral health.
Benefits of Root Canal Treatment
- Pain Relief – Root canal treatment alleviates the intense pain caused by the infected tooth, providing much-needed relief.
- Tooth Preservation – By treating the infected tooth instead of extracting it, root canal therapy helps preserve your natural tooth and maintains the integrity of your smile.
- Improved Oral Health – Removing the infected pulp and sealing the tooth prevents the spread of infection to other teeth and reduces the risk of complications.
- Aesthetic Restoration – After root canal treatment in Calgary, the tooth can be restored with a dental crown, providing a natural appearance and full functionality.
Process of Root Canal Treatment Near You
- Your dentist examines the tooth and takes X-rays to assess the extent of the infection and the condition of the surrounding structures.
- Local anesthesia is administered to ensure a painless procedure.
- The dentist creates a hole in the tooth to reach the infection in the pulp. The infected pulp is then removed, and the root canals are thoroughly cleansed.
- Once the canals are clean, they are filled with a material that mimics rubber and sealed to prevent any further issues.
- In some cases, the dentist uses a dental crown to cover the treated tooth to protect it and restore its function and appearance.
Preparing for Root Canal Therapy
To prepare for a root canal, it’s essential to discuss any health conditions, medications, or allergies with your dentist beforehand. Avoid consuming alcohol or smoking before the procedure, as they can affect anesthesia and recovery.
Lastly, make sure to eat a light meal before your appointment, and arrange for someone to drive you home afterward if you’ll be receiving sedation during the procedure.
Are You Experiencing Issues That May Require Root Canal Near You
If you are experiencing severe tooth pain or have been diagnosed with a tooth infection, a root canal in Calgary may be the best option to save your natural tooth. Don’t hesitate to schedule a consultation to learn more about how root canal treatment can benefit you.