Gum Flap Surgery Near You
Gum flap surgery in Calgary, also referred to as periodontal flap surgery or osseous surgery, is a dental procedure designed to address severe gum disease and improve gum health.
What is Gum Flap Surgery?
When is Gum Flap Surgery Required?
Benefits of Gum Flap Surgery
- The area is numbed using local anesthesia to ensure a painless procedure.
- The dentist makes small incisions in the gums to create flaps that can be lifted back.
- The exposed tooth roots and underlying bone are thoroughly cleaned to remove plaque and tartar.
- In some cases, the dentist may need to reshape the bone to eliminate irregularities.
- The gums are then repositioned and sutured in place to promote healing and gum reattachment.
- After the procedure, the dentist will provide aftercare instructions to promote proper healing and prevent infection.
Looking for Gum Flap Surgery Near You?
If you are experiencing gum issues or suspect you may need gum flap surgery in Calgary, we encourage you to schedule a consultation at Centre & 12th Dental to discuss your specific dental needs and explore the best treatment options for you. Our dedicated team of dental professionals is committed to providing you with the highest quality care and achieving optimal oral health.